Call for papers
Call for papers
All the presenters, including oral presenters, poster presenters, and organized-session presenters, are required to submit the final paper. EcoDesign2023 calls for two types of papers — Proceedings papers and E-book papers (Please see below). Presenters can select the type of paper they submit.
Abstract submission should be made by 10th, April, 2023 (Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)).
Abstract should be no more than 500 words. It should explain the subject, originality, and relevance to EcoDesign2023.
It is also required to select the paper type (Proceedings paper or E-book paper (See below)).
Notification of acceptance is made by 25th, April, 2023 by e-mail.
EcoDesign2023 calls for two types of papers — Proceedings papers and E-book papers. Presenters can select the type of paper they submit.
– Proceedings papers:
- 2 to 8 pages
- Not peer reviewed (abstract review only)
- Copyright transfer is not required
- Distributed in the USB proceedings which is delivered only to conference participants
- Not published in the E-book proceedings
- Final papers must be submitted by 6th, September, 2023 (see “Important Dates”)
– E-book papers:
- 6 to 8 pages
- Full-paper peer-reviewed (if a paper is not accepted, it is treated as a proceedings paper)
- Copyright transfer is required (if a paper is accepted)
- Distributed both in the USB proceedings and E-book proceedings
- Papers must be submitted by 14th, June, 2023 (see “Important Dates” )
- Notification of full paper acceptance will be made by 20th, August, 2023 (again, if a paper is not accepted, it is treated as a Proceedings paper)
- Final papers must be submitted by 6th, September, 2023
- All presenters, including oral session presenters, poster session presenters, and organized-session presenters, can submit an E-book paper (E-book paper submissions are not restricted to oral presenters).
- Best papers (award) are selected from E-book papers
- The conference registration and payment are required in order to complete the final paper submission.
EcoDesign2023 publishes two types of proceedings:
- Delivered on the conference day via the conference website
- Delivered only to conference participants
- Not peer review proceedings
- Contains all the papers presented (both Proceedings papers and E-book papers)
- Does not have an ISBN
- Published after the conference by Springer
- Peer review proceedings
- Contains only E-book papers that go through full paper peer reviews
- Has an e-ISBN
- EcoDesign2021 Online
- EcoDesign2019 Yokohama, Japan
- EcoDesign2017 Tainan, Taiwan
- EcoDesign2015 Tokyo, Japan
- EcoDesign2013 Jeju, Korea
- EcoDesign2011 Kyoto, Japan
- EcoDesign2009 Sapporo, Japan
- EcoDesign2007 Tokyo, Japan
- EcoDesign2005 Tokyo, Japan
- EcoDesign2003 Tokyo, Japan
- EcoDesign2001 Tokyo, Japan
- EcoDesign1999 Tokyo, Japan
E-book Proceedings of the Past Symposiums
- “EcoDesign and Sustainability” (Vol I, Vol II)
- Y.Kishita, M.Matsumoto, M.Inoue, S.Fukushige (eds.)
- Springer, 2021.
- “Technologies and Eco-innovation towards Sustainability” (Vol I, Vol II)
- A.H.Hu, M.Matsumoto, T.C.Kuo, S.Smith (eds.)
- Springer, 2019.
- “Sustainability Through Innovation in Product Life Cycle Design“
- M.Matsumoto, K.Masui, S.Fukushige, S.Kondoh (eds.)
- Springer, 2016.
- “Design for Innovative Value Towards a Sustainable Society“
- M.Matsumoto, Y.Umeda, K.Masui, S.Fukushige (eds.)
- Springer, 2012.